Saturday, March 1, 2008

Prague is a cool place to be


Well, nothing too eventful has happened since our adventure in Budapest.  Except we all broke down the other night and had a completely American evening.  We ate at Bohemia Bagel, which was amazing.  I wanted to order everything on the menu: pulled pork sandwiches, turkey club, cookies! (I haven't really seen cookies since I've been here).  I settled for blueberry pancakes which were delicious.  Plus Bohemia has FREE REFILLS!  I get so thirsty here...the drinks are tiny and each cost at least $2, which is sometimes as much as your meal!  The food here isn't that bad, but I can only take so much meat & potatoes.  Afterwards we went and saw Sweeny Todd.  A very good movie, but extremely gory.    

This week we visited many classes to try and figure out our schedules.  Here's what I think I'll be taking:

Studio (furniture design of some sort)
Figure Drawing
Color & Composition (abstract art)
Creative Detail (designing architectural decoration like an iron gate -- ie doodling)
Photography
Computer Graphics (Photoshop, Illustrator, & InDesign)

I'm pretty pumped about my schedule.  This is the part of me that originally wanted to go to art school but eventually decided interior architecture & product design sounded just as fun but a little more practical.  All of the professors seem awesome and really excited to have all of the Kansas students here (they really like Kansas for some reason...I think they have high expectations for us!).  

No exciting trips this weekend.  We decided just to stay in Prague and check out the city a little more.  Little did we know it would be pouring down rain all weekend, so we'll see how much sightseeing we get done.  We did visit the Salvador Dali exhibit in a gallery in Old Town Square yesterday, though.  It was a little different than I expected, but fabulous nonetheless.  Hopefully this rain clears up so we can spend some time outside!  This city is so cool, and I can't wait to see even more of it every day!

No comments: