Sunday, June 22, 2008

A Visit from Home


I am back in Prague after a visit from my family and traveling with them to Vienna, Rome, and Barcelona!  The trips were wonderful, and I'm glad I got to share the experience with them.  I think they enjoyed the trips just as much as I did.  I'll update more later with pictures and a little about each trip, but in the meantime I'm going to enjoy my last few days in the Czech Republic before I head home on Thursday.   

I can't believe my time here is almost over...this semester has been such an amazing experience.  I've met so many cool people, seen so many beautiful cities, and learned a lot about the world.  I do miss home, however, and I'm ready to go back.  See you all soon!

Things I'll Miss:
1.  Cheap public transportation ($45 for 3 months of unlimited transportation...can't beat that).
2.  Fresh flower stands everywhere.
3.  Hearing different languages everywhere I go.
4.  Beautiful cities with great (old and new) architecture.
5.  Traveling to a different country each weekend.
6.  Friends from all around the world that I met in Prague.
7.  Cultures that really care about not being wasteful, recycling, conserving energy, etc.
8.  Visiting countries with such rich history.
9.  Learning firsthand about so many interesting cultures, traditions, lifestyles, etc.
10.  Not having any real responsibilities--just being able to enjoy where ever I am at the moment.

Things I'm Looking Forward To:
1.  NO SMOKING.
2.  Free refills (and free water).
3.  Air conditioning.
4.  English.
5.  Cheap(er) food.
6.  Seeing friends and family.
7.  Eating something other than potatoes and bread.
8.  Convenience.
9.  Being able to read signs, menus, food packages, product labels, etc.
10.  Enjoying what's left of my last summer vacation at home!

No comments: